Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Made with LOVE


Last Sunday night I gave my brother Kris & his new wife Ashley their wedding present from me. The painting was a bit late but with lots of distractions lately sometimes you just have to roll with the punches. I really enjoyed painting this for them. Each square is a message to them regarding LOVE. I painted or used collage bits to loosely illustrate the icon in each square & the painted in my handwriting or typed the word that supported the icon. Grow, Listen, Soar, Complete, Warm, Union, Family, Home, Many Years, Bounty. In the painting I incorporated their names, birthdays, the date they got married & both sides of the family. Hope you guys enjoy this little piece of me that celebrates & supports both of you!

3 comments:

kristina proffitt said...

What a beautiful gift, Jill!
So sweet! Love it!

coloredsock said...

hi Jill, i'm playing catch-up on your blog and finding so much inspiration! i love seeing this painting especially, a personal piece! it's beautiful, sensitive and free. what an awesome gift to your brother and his wife.

Kris & Ash said...

Love you sis and thank you, more than we ever could have asked for.