Thursday, February 18, 2010

Switched On


A good painting day isn't always easy to find. I forgot how good it feels when your on creatively. Yesterday reminded me of that. I'm working on my next book for Barefoot about a forest & the critters that roam it. (wish I could share more but it's not out until next Fall) Making art day in day out is a joy but some days are definitely stronger than others. Some days I can plug into myself & let colors, textures beautiful ideas flow out. Other days well lets just say not so much.... I pulled the piece I'm showing today (a spread from Who's in the Garden) because this was one of my on days. I think everyone can relate to that great feeling when you find your stride- the stars align, the music in the studio sounds better, there's no doubt just a clear stream of consciousness & so many areas to explore.

2 comments:

Joey Rheem said...

Jill, I just love this one! I would love to visit this magical place...

Sometimes when I need to feel inspired and energized I sit down with the kids in the children's section of the library or a book store (sometimes the kids are not even with me!) other times I need to window shop at beautiful boutiques. We all need to be inspired from time to time to keep doing what we do don't you think?

Joyce H said...

I know how you feel. I've been trying to finish my grandson's painting and getting to that special place is not always easy after working all week. Thanks for the inspiration... this is lovely.
I'll be sure to purchase your book when it comes out in the Fall.