Friday, August 5, 2011

Hawaiian Dream




My parents are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary. To do so they took a much deserved trip to Hawaii. They have been a wonderful example of a healthy loving marriage for my 3 brothers & I. Over the last few weeks they've been discussing the big trip. Luca has picked up on this. He made this painting at school & had his teacher title it Hawaiin Dream. He often has his teacher write the title he has given the art on the page. Sometimes his titles are abstract other times pretty profound. I found this one profound. He told me he "paints from his heart". I couldn't say it better myself! I'm also showing my collaged squares & planes print to keep with the travel theme but Luca's art steals the show.

1 comment:

Joey said...

Love how he puts a title on his artwork - so sweet! I am going to start asking my kids to do that!