Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Thoughtful Gift

There is nothing better than a truly thoughtful gift.  I got the sweetest arrangement of wildflowers from my parents last week.  They are both retired now & take a daily walk on a pretty wooded trail.  My thing growing up was to go into the woods behind our house and gather wildflowers to bring them home to share & enjoy.  So, I was so touched when they showed up at the studio last week with a big pink tub filled with a dazzling assortment of found flowers from their walk. And my Dad hid 6 feathered butterflies in the arrangement for me to find- He's the best!
Often it's those little presents you don't have to buy that are filled with so much meaning.  I was thrilled!

This morning after 7 full days of enjoyment it was time for the flowers to go. (not into the dried flower thing)  But knew that making this post would extend their presence for me just a little longer.


Here's to remembering a truly thoughtful gift!


No comments: