Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Michael J. Fox Show

I'm excited to tune into The Michael J. Fox Show tonight on NBC.  I remember growing up with Family Ties & the Back to the Future movies. (loving Marty McFly)  Like Michael J. Fox my dad has Parkinson's.  With Parkinson's patients you see many similarities.  One of the more significant for many is the dyskinesia (involuntary movements).  I mentioned last April that my dad went through the deep brain stimulation series of surgeries to minimize some of his dyskinesia.  I am happy to say that the surgery has really helped improve his quality of life! (beautiful!)


So I'll tune in tonight to cheer on Michael J. Fox.  It's wonderful to see people not become their disease or situation but instead continue to live & grow.  I am inspired!

No comments: