Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Surtex 2018

What a whirlwind the last month has been!
So many exciting things going on with my little studio.
After months of preparation I now get to check Surtex 2018 off my to do list!
(yes, I make lists...)

This was our 14th year exhibiting at Surtex.  The show has changed over time. (most things do)

My goal this year has been not just to check the tasks off but to do my best to be present with each.  So often it's just about getting it done. (particularly when you get stressed & busy)
I found myself although feeling overwhelmed at times enjoying the whole process so much more when I stay present with what I'm doing and not letting my mind flutter off to the next job.

Antonio & I took our son Luca to the show.  I'm not sure he really believed I have a job.  Working from home it can be ambiguous to the ones around you how it all works.  I think him seeing his dad & I at work with other humans gave him a better idea of what we do.  He often says "you're lucky you just draw all day" and I reply there's much more to it than that.  But, when I stop & think about it
he's right I basically just draw all day & sometimes at night.
And, I do so happily!

Luca (age 10) & almost as tall as me in heels.
(the vitamins are working)


P.S. A special thanks to this guy who is always supportive & patient with me.
Having your own business is hard work!
He let's me live in my own little world & makes me feel safe with all the parts I'm so bad at.



No comments: