Monday, December 6, 2021

Home-made

 

 

 Being an artists you end up making so many different things for others but, very often don't take the time to make something special for yourself.  This year I decided to make a tree skirt for under our tree.  I wanted something bold, but with limited color & lots of animals all around.  I immediately thought of otomi textiles. Minus the rainbow palette... Don't get me wrong– I love a rainbow but, not right for what I had in mind this time.

To save some frustration ( Have you ever tried to sew a circle?)  I purchased a plain cream tree skirt from West Elm to use as the base.  I found some nice black felt. (It takes some looking but you can find beautiful felt that doesn't feel completely synthetic.) I started cutting out animals that came to mind... reindeer, a fox, a hare, some birds & why not butterflies?

 I tacked everything down with glue & each night would stitch on 4 to 5 different silhouettes. As you can imagine– it took some time but, I'm happy with the end result! (Sophie likes it too:)



No comments: