Friday, October 7, 2022

Shapes, sizes, and some sparkle! ✨


Last year I got to learn about rocks & minerals for an upcoming Hello, World! book.  Over the summer I visited my brother in Boston & he took me to the Harvard Mineralogical & Geological Museum which was spectacular!  Rows of beautiful rocks, minerals ores, and gems, in different shapes & sizes.  The even have a collection of meteorites. (Space rocks that are hurled to Earth from space!)  I never thought much about rocks or minerals but, they really are interesting & much more complex than you think at first glance.  




 

If you don’t have a fancy museum nearby head outside, varied rocks are often found by lakes, rivers, creeks, ponds, or streams. Another great place to look for rocks is on a hike!  

 


*If you’re just starting to collect rocks you can cheaply & easily separate & store them in an egg carton.  

Treasures are fun to find!


 

No comments: