Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Val Pals


Today I wanted to share the Val Pals illustration I made. It's a throw back to all the activities I remember enjoying so much from school. Making Valentines, giving, receiving the nice little sentiments & enjoying the sweets that often accompanied them. Every year my Dad would make me a Valentine's Day box. (I'll have to see if I can't find a picture up of this) It was made of foam core, a simple house shape with either red or pink exterior. My name cut out of patterned paper on one side, a perfectly cut opening at the top for all the Valentines to go in. Finally my favorite part. The roof- which was completely covered in conversation hearts that we would glue on together. Me, always picking out my favorite sayings to go front & center. (Hot Stuff & No Way) I hope to make Luca a similar version someday!

No comments: