Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bright Lights BIG c i t y....


I love architecture but will I admit I really don't know much about it.  When I met Antonio & found out he was an architect I was intrigued.  (and excited as I'm shy & this was a good topic)  I love the shapes, blocks of color, the decorative details, the variety of materials & how when you move around the world the approach to it all changes but yet doesn't.  It's all exciting to me.  I've wanted to do a series of cards each illustrating a different style of architecture.   This brings me to today's post a fun new piece that has more of an urban / we're all in it together feel.  

6 comments:

Tracey said...

What a great piece! I love this one! I like so many things about it. My favorite are the dots in the sky that say explore and daydream. I also like the ladder to the stars and the pink building with little tree in front. The sun is pretty awesome, too!!

Shelley Laming said...

What a fantastic piece!

FRIZZ said...

Great color too as always!

I'm hosting a giveaway - stop by if you are in the mood!!

kiddlebug said...

Love it. Beautiful detail...like the bicycle at the bottom.

Jill said...

Thanks guys....
I'm fond of this one too!

Unknown said...

:) i love your illustration style, it's the kind of design i would see all day if i could