Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Free Spirit


I love this time of year. (minus my sweet Luca's allergies, he's allergic to tree pollen & we're wondering when we'll see his dark brown eyes again?...) I look out my window at the studio & all the trees are covered in a lacy green. Pretty but with his spring allergies it doesn't look quite the same. We have some exciting studio meetings coming up. I'm nervous & excited all at once. As an artist you end up putting so much of yourself in your work. You put yourself out there in the world & believe there's an audience for your vision. There's a sort of beautiful freedom in this- taking a chance means you're ready to fly.

4 comments:

FRIZZ said...

this would make a great print to hang on my wall!!

coloredsock said...

hi Jill! what a fun, spirited image. you are always an inspiration to me, especially in how you put yourself into your work and share it. wishing you some AWESOME meetings coming up! i hope great things come from them! AND, i hope Luca starts getting some relief from his allergies. xo, jenny

Jill said...

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm always flattered when you guys stop by. I'm a BIG fan of both of your work!
*The meeting went well... Whhhhhh... : )!

Joey Rheem said...

So excited to see what you have coming up! Happy Spring Jill!