Thursday, February 2, 2012

Punxsutawney Phil


About a week ago I took a two day illustrator course. Illustrator is a program I've been meaning to learn for years now. Like anything new (and especially with me...) it doesn't always come quickly. I've been setting aside about an hour a day to play around. Today's exercise was for Groundhog's day. In case you haven't heard yet Phil saw his shadow. "Many shadows I do see: six more weeks of winter it must be." Since I was a little girl I've held a curious fascination with Groundhog's Day. Who ever imagined that a bunch of older men in an annual ceremony decked out in top hats would predict the end of winter based upon a tiny rodents shadow? So wonderfully bizarre.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Gosh I have been meaning to learn illustrator too, can you learn enough in two days!! whenever I take a look at illustrator I scratch my head and run back to photoshop!!

Jill said...

Hi Tracey, Nope you can't really learn illustrator in two dash but it was the longest class I could find. On line class through webucator.com The selling point was that you can take it over & over. Two days of class was brain overload. Practice makes perfect- at least that's what I'm hoping? I was really please with some of the things you can do in illustrator. You may want to give it a try :) I'm looking at it as an investment in my range of styles & skills. The class was really good students are lead online by an instructor. They provide a great book, exercises you do with the instructor. Classes are small or one on one so you can custom tailor your time for what you need. Our teacher was Kate. Let me know if you give it a try!