Monday, October 8, 2012

NYC


Hello & Happy Monday!  Over the weekend I was looking over some of my old sketch books.  I found lots of New York doodles.  I have such a love hate experience with that city.  Right out of high school in the suburbs of Kansas City (barley 18) I headed to art school at Parsons School of Design in NYC.  I thought I had landed on the MOON!  (it's funny now & I am proud off my yourself for going for it) but at the time it was well.... culture shock!  End of my freshman year I immediately transferred schools to R.I.S.D in Providence.  A place that felt WAY more like home.  Once I graduated I found my way back to NY for several years with my first "real" jobs.  I wouldn't be surprised if I am sucked back there again.  It seems to have some sort of magnetic pull on me.  I love the energy of the city, the people watching, the creativity, the pace & how you can kind of be anybody.  I don't like the lack of trees, the grass, eye contact & space.  (and summer stink- yep don't miss that...)

No comments: