Monday, December 30, 2019

Hello, World!


Over the last couple years I've been busy writing & illustrating a board book
series for toddlers called Hello, World!  This series has been such a gift.
I've learned some basic information around science & nature & then I get to boil it down some & draw pictures to further tell the story.  The best part is when I see the books in stores- better yet in hands of young readers! (like I said... what a gift)
Writing is something I was terrified to try.  I'm dyslexic & writing just doesn't go well with me- or at least I thought.  My ideas are good but the transcribing can be a mess.  I decided to take a chance & give it a try.  It takes me a long time to get the words down, there has got to be complete silence and usually a stomach ache, always self doubt, an overwhelming feeling when I look at a pile of words I'm linking together but, I've worked through it.
 I'm currently working on my 17th book in this series.  So I've proven to myself
I CAN WRITE! (of coarse with help from a good editor)

I'm sharing this with you because I'm proud to have taken a chance & as the 
year draws to a close it feels good to take stock of what you've accomplished
& gratefully gear up for what's next.

*Author of my own life.
CHEERS!




1 comment:

adriprints said...

That is awesome! Congratulations, Jill!