Thursday, September 2, 2021

September

 

Here we are SEPTEMBER... already.  I associate this month with sunflowers.  Each September we visit a sunflower field in Kansas.  The drive is long & boring.  We travel down what feels like an endless gravel road until you see the bright field of deep yellow up ahead.  I love the height and strength of sunflowers & the way their bright blooms follow the sun throughout the day.  They're the last flower to appear each summer and worth the wait and the big dose of Benadryl my son & I take before hand. (they make us sneeze!)

I'm not a winter person & slipping into the colder month is something I dread. Little reminders- like the sunflower field at the end of each summer gives me something to look forward to and make the transition into the colder weather a little easier.




No comments: