Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Surtex 2015


Back from Surtex 2015!  A good show this year but it's hard to know what to expect. You hand out lots of cards, meet some really talented artist, sell some art, license some art but there's always things you never imagined.  This was my 11th Surtex so, I guess what I've found is expect the unexpected.   I think our booth looked pretty good.  I always forget that every year artists are doing more & more to design/ decorate their booth space. Good reminder for me for the upcoming Licensing show.

Antonio made a book filled with some of my favorite pieces that I've made over the years.  I brought it as a tool of other styles & directions I've played with. We mainly showed my available collection of art but pulled the book out to show more of a range or if someone wanted to see more. I also brought my sketchbook which seemed to be a helpful way to show people how I work when I don't start a piece digitally.  (Which is what I prefer. You end up with a warmth & richness that the computer can't quite create)

Some of our clients we've had for a long time.  It's so nice to see them come back year after year.
I love making art & it's fun to see when it resonates!

Until next year...

Antonio holding the book he helped put together of my art.

Here's a close up of the book cover.  I subtitled it:
A joyful journey of making art night & day!

Here's a little look at what's inside.
90 pages of art!














2 comments:

Noopur said...

Love your work Jill! :-) Always the best!!! and the idea of creating a book of your past favourite work in brilliant!

Jill McDonald Design said...

Thanks so much Noopur!
I appreciate your kind words.
Cheers!