Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Into the golden

 

We visit Grinter Farm (in Kansas) at the end of each August.  It marks my move from the summer season into the cooler days that fall brings.  A couple things I noticed this visit.

- The flowers follow the sun which makes them look like they're in conversation with one another.

- The leaves are larger than I remember & each has a jagged edge as if it was cut out with pinking shears. (which makes them a little prickly when you brush by)

-The yellow color seems to slightly shift from year to year.  This time the color felt a bit more red/ yellow and golden. (Maybe it has something to do with the sky that day?)


 

- I also noticed more bees than ever busily buzzing from flower to flower.  This made me happy as I know bees have been threatened by harmful pesticides & climate change.  We need bees they're one of Earth's best pollinators!

My final observation was that despite seeing this for years it still a complete delight for the eyes & spirit!

Have you ever visited or come across a sunflower field?




No comments: